Wednesday 8 January 2014

laser cutter references

other than BuildLog and Lasersaur main sites.... I've also borrowed/been inspired by several items from Daniel's blog: http://danielbauen.com/make/index.php/laser-cutter/

In particular, I've borrowed the design of my laser tube mounts and plan to implement something along these lines for the diode laser:

http://danielbauen.com/make/index.php/laser-cutter/laser-inline-red-laser-pointer-solution-without-using-an-extra-m/

I like the passive design (dropped into the beam by the lid opening), but I'd also like to be able to use the visible pointer with the lid closed - so I'm thinking a little servo to lower the diode and a s/w interlock to ensure the laser can't activate if the diode is down (maybe not the safest arrangement, but hopefully good enough).

1 comment:

  1. I just found your 'blog today. I also am in the process of building a laser cutter -- I'm mostly doing software at this point.

    If you like Daniel Bowen's laser diode swingarm, you should check out Ben Jackson's refinement of the idea. It's in his build log on buildlog.net, a couple of pages from the end. (Sorry, no URL; I'm being lazy.)

    I made Ben's version, and I'm doing all my software debugging with the red diode instead of the big laser.

    ReplyDelete