Wednesday, 8 January 2014

laser cutter references

other than BuildLog and Lasersaur main sites.... I've also borrowed/been inspired by several items from Daniel's blog:

In particular, I've borrowed the design of my laser tube mounts and plan to implement something along these lines for the diode laser:

I like the passive design (dropped into the beam by the lid opening), but I'd also like to be able to use the visible pointer with the lid closed - so I'm thinking a little servo to lower the diode and a s/w interlock to ensure the laser can't activate if the diode is down (maybe not the safest arrangement, but hopefully good enough).

1 comment:

  1. I just found your 'blog today. I also am in the process of building a laser cutter -- I'm mostly doing software at this point.

    If you like Daniel Bowen's laser diode swingarm, you should check out Ben Jackson's refinement of the idea. It's in his build log on, a couple of pages from the end. (Sorry, no URL; I'm being lazy.)

    I made Ben's version, and I'm doing all my software debugging with the red diode instead of the big laser.