- Spice rack for the kitchen - aluminium channel with printed under-cabinet hangers
- Brackets to hold fluorescent under-cabinet lights
- Large washers for holding an Ikea cabinet (lost the originals)
- A "laser" gun toy that straps to my sons forearm - his design
- A clip for holding a blackout blind closed
- A replacement holder for a magnifying glass
- Sword hilt for my son (the original one got trashed)
- Flexible bracelet for my daughter
My biggest project to date has in fact been the awesome Giant lego Darth Vader model from thingiverse, in pink:
This is also my first commission, got another to do in black when the filament arrives next week - great fun!
The foamboard heated chamber is working well, but I tend to leave the top flap open to stop it getting too warm. I've also finished playing with my custom start/end gcode for slic3r:
Which is making for very reliable prints. I am still getting the odd part warping up at the corners and don't feel confident printing full plates, but then I also need to get some pure acetate to clean the glass, so that's probably a contributing factor.
I've also been somewhat paranoid about leaving the printer unattended, so installed an LED light strip and a webcam. I then run a livestream feed during prints, which I can monitor on pretty much any device (ipad, blackberry, iphone, etc) - surreal moment this afternoon when I found myself watching a print on my wife's android phone whilst at a softplay with my kids!
I have a more complex project almost complete - a DSLR follow focus unit - which I'll post about when it's been properly tested.